The Delhi Traffic Police on Thursday issued an advisory ahead of the swearing in ceremony of Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Council of Ministers for a second term at the Rashtrapati Bhawan.
Several arrangements have been made in and around the national capital keeping in mind the VVIP movement.
As per the traffic advisory, several roads in the New Delhi district will be closed for public movement between 4 pm and 9 pm.
Roads which will be closed for general public between 4 pm and 9 pm today include:
· Rajpath (from Vijay Chowk to Rashtrapati Bhawan)
· Vijay Chowk and adjoining areas including North and South Fountain
· South Avenue
· North Avenue
· Dara-Shikoh Road
· Church Road
In addition, necessary traffic diversions shall be given on the following roads which are expected to face congestion due to the ceremony:
· Akbar Road
· Teen Murti Marg
· Krishna Menon Marg
· Pandit Pant Marg
· Talkatora Road
· Gurudwara Rakab Ganj Road
· Tyagaraj Marg
· SP Marg
· Khushak Road
· K Kamaraj Marg
· Rajaji Marg
· Shanti Path
· Raisina Road (beyond R/A Rail Bhawan towards Parliament House)
· Moti Lal Nehru Marg (beyond R/A Udyog Bhawan towards RP Bhawan)
Commuters are, hence, advised to avoid the above-mentioned roads between 4 pm and 9 pm on Thursday, and plan their journey accordingly.