-Salt (Optional – i don’t use it)
-Water to knead the dough
1) Knead the dough of regular roti. Keep it a little sticky.
2) Heat a thoroughly scrubbed tawa (or cooker) on high flame.
3) Roll oval shaped (just for effect, in any shape they will taste equally good 🙂 ) rotis using as little flour as possible.
4) Wet your hands and brush the roti with water.
5) Now take roti in one hand and shift it to the other hand with little pressure. keep flipping between hands for 4-5 times.
6) Now carefully put the roti on tava and by applying little pressure everywhere stick it to the tawa. Sticking the roti is very important.
7) Now flip the tawa, so that roti is facing the flame.
8) Cook the roti properly and then flip the tawa to get it back to it’s normal position.
9) Using a chimta (forceps) pick up the roti from the tawa, cook it directly on the flame on the other side also.
Apply Ghee/butter if you want to and have Garam Garam Tandoori rotis with gravy of your choice….
1) To ensure that the roti sticks to the tawa, you have to ensure that the tawa is not greasy and the roti has water applied to it everywhere.
2) While making them in cooker, be careful as sticking the rotis in can be a little tricky part and you may even burn a finger or two.You can use cooker, if you want to make 2-3 rotis at a time, for single roti at a time, i would recommend using tawa.